The Carmela and Ronnie Pignatelli Foundation is a UK registered charity (Charities Commission Number 1162522), founded and sponsored by the family of Mark and Jenni Pignatelli, which is authorised to make grants solely to other registered charities.
The Foundation’s key aim is to support those most vulnerable in society. Whilst the Trustees consider a wide range of causes, the main focus is on the young and the disadvantaged in the U.K., Africa, Asia and Latin America. Education and fighting poverty and discrimination are key areas of interest to the Trustees. The Carmela and Ronnie Pignatelli Foundation also supports environmental and animal welfare charities.
We receive personal details as part of your application for a charitable donation. We will only use this personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Data we collect
• Your full name
• Email address
• Phone number
• Postal address
• Any additional information you share with us to support your charitable appeal
2. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Carmela and Ronnie Pignatelli Foundation will collect personal data and will process personal data when considering your charitable appeal. This data will then be stored in a secure location for the purposes of complying with our legal obligations. The legal bases we rely upon to process this information are:
• Legitimate Interest
• Legal Obligation
b. Recipient/s of data
The Carmela and Ronnie Pignatelli Foundation may process your personal data with third party recipients for the following purposes:
• Legal assistance
• Financial audits
c. Consent/withdrawal of consent
By contacting The Carmela and Ronnie Pignatelli Foundation and sharing your details with us, you consent to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of providing you with a charitable donation. Should you choose to withdraw your consent we will be unable to consider your application for a charitable donation.
3. Overseas Transfers
The Carmela and Ronnie Pignatelli Foundation may transfer only the information provided to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
4. Data retention
The Carmela and Ronnie Pignatelli Foundation will retain personal data only for as long as is necessary, in line with its Data Retention Policy.
• Gift aid declarations, including personal information will be retained for 6 years from the end of the accounting period in which the final donation was made
5. Individual rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to be informed about the personal data the Foundation processes on you;
• The right of access to the personal data the Foundation processes on you;
• The right to rectification of your personal data;
• The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
• The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
• The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
• The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
• The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where consent has been given to The Carmela and Ronnie Pignatelli Foundation processing personal and sensitive personal data there is a right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting the Trustees at email@example.com
6. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it, please contact the Carmela and Ronnie Pignatelli Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to, you also have the right to raise concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK.